Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Equus 3160 OBDII Scanner

I reviewed many different scanners in this price range and this one was highly rated and met all my requirements. It is easy to use, records data before, during, and after a fault code. It can erase codes and can display ABS codes for certain model domestic vehicles. I've had to use it on my'96 Acura RL many times and it has worked flawlessly. It beats going to a repair shop or Parts house every time a code pops up. Once you've read the codes and engine data, you can download the data to your computer and create a nice little report. This is helpful if you have to take the vehicle to a repair shop. It lets the repair shop know that you know what the problem is and they may be less likely to try to pull something. It also is a means of recording problems for future review. Another nice ability is that the software can be upgraded via the Internet. I'm hoping that Equus includes some foreign ABS codes in future updates. All in all - a lot of bang for the buck. I'm very please with my purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment