Thursday, May 13, 2010

Equus 3160 Equus 3160 Awesome Product

I am writing this review to express my overwhelming satisfaction with my Equus 3160 scan tool. Equus has several models and I would recommend reviewing the features before purchasing a particular model or scan tool to make sure it meets your expectations and needs. The 3160 is Equus' current top of the line OBD II scan tool. It is for 1996 and newer vehicles only. The ABS is only for some newer domestic models. To be honest, I really haven't used all the features; However, it is very simple to use. I purchased mine because I had the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) illuminate and stay on in my 2001 Sable. It was also getting terrible gas mileage at $3.00 a gallon. A Mercury dealer told me it needed $1200 worth of repairs. A little internet research led me to scan tools as a method of figuring out the problem. I thought how could I go wrong for $200! I hooked the 3160 up and did a KOEO (Key On Engine Off) test. In less than ten seconds it indicated a 401 code. I did a little more internet research that recommended replacing the DPFE (EGR) sensor. Voila! An hour or so of time and a $36 part and problem solved. Exhilarating!

No comments:

Post a Comment