Friday, April 23, 2010

Innova 3160

I was tired of the cheap OBD readers and wanted something much better. I also wanted something I could read the ABS system with. The Innova 3160 does the trick. It is easy to use and understand. I like the way it prompts you in order to get what you are looking for. It has an excellent screen with the exact information you need to make repairs. It is obvious that they consulted with a repair tech when they designed it. I haven't tried to up-date it from the computer as yet, but it has all the necessary items and information with it to do so. On the down side, it doesn't have an explanation for all the manufacturer codes, especially the ABS codes. I found that I am going to their web site quite often to get the expanation. The web-site is very good and helpful though. I really like it. The worst thing is the CHEAP carrying case. The unit won't even fit into it with the cable attached. That means that you are always removing and replacing the cable. I'm sure that isn't good on the connection. Throw the case away and buy something better that you can keep the scanner, instruction book, and other materials in. It's hard to believe a company like this would offer such a fine instrument and provide it in this case. Never-the-less, it's a great scanner and well worth the money-just figure a little extra for another case!

No comments:

Post a Comment